Account Manager Job Description:
The Account Manager is the primary customer contact for contracted accounts. Account managers are responsible for timely follow up and follow thru with customer to ensure a positive relationship, complete satisfaction and renewal of accounts. Account Managers propose non-contracted landscape enhancements to meet the needs and increase the satisfaction of the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strong relationships with customers by frequently communicating and earning trust.
- Manage properties by inspecting, identifying problems, and proactively providing solutions to the customer.
- Ensure that properties meet or exceed customer quality expectations.
- Develop long term property plans that anticipate customer needs and assist customers in their budgeting process.
- Conduct on site walkthroughs with customers.
- Assist in resolving accounts receivable issues when necessary.
- Work closely with Operations to plan and schedule so that performance meets customer expectations.
- Assist in snow operations as required.
- Communicate deficiencies in quality to Operations and assist in formulating a plan to resolve issues.
- Prepare and present proposals for renewals and enhancements in a timely manner and in accordance with company standards.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals for contract renewals and enhancements.
- Monitor and update all sales opportunities in CRM and follow up with customers to optimize sales opportunities.
- Work with administrative support to ensure all contract administration is timely and accurate.
- Learn new techniques to perform routine tasks more effectively.
- This position may require some long days, board meetings, and customer events after hours. Must be willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
Previous Account Management and customer service experience preferred.
Previous landscape industry experience.
Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, verbal and
Adequate computer skills and ability to use a CRM.
Current driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Ability to work independently and in team settings. Candidate should be a self-starter.
Strong attention to detail and ability to exercise good judgment.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Key Performance Indicators
Contract Renewal Rate
Position requires extended hours and flexibility in scheduling including evenings, weekends and holidays depending on demands of customers and snow removal operations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to sit; walk; stand for up to seven (7) hours at a time; use hands to handle objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, talk and hear.
The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include vision and ability to read documents and a computer screen. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a noise level that is usually minimal to moderate.