Operations Manager Job Description:
Responsible for managing and participating in field operations. Coordinates and schedules the use of staff, equipment, and materials to ensure the completion of work within safety guidelines, quality standards, and budget. Promotes the growth and development of field staff and assists them in executing their responsibilities. Coordinates the use of resources with other operational and sales activities within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage staff, equipment, materials, and vendors to safely accomplish production goals within the established budget, including snow operations.
- Build, develop, train, and maintain a production team to provide efficient and safe delivery of services.
- Approve time entry and maintain attendance records.
- Participate in field operations to ensure efficient delivery, provide hands-on training, and meet quality standards.
- Maintain schedule boards and electronic scheduling, providing crews with necessary plans and documents for efficient execution.
- Ensure all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines.
- Maintain and track proper inventory of materials, equipment, and other supplies to efficiently complete production activities.
- Give unbiased insight to management on performance evaluations and discipline of production employees.
- Monitor jobs for deviations in schedule and communicate with internal and external customers as necessary.
- Deliver work according to scope to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Support and participate in developing, refining, and implementing best practices in all operations, fleet, and safety areas.
- Ensure a high level of good housekeeping and care of company assets and customer facilities.
- Strive for continuous self-improvement through continued education, collaboration with associates, and involvement in industry associations.
- Support sales and marketing by providing technical information about services performed.
- Assist in identifying and estimating enhancement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Extensive knowledge of trees and shrubs.
Knowledge of plant/turf diseases and insects.
Applicator’s license is preferred not necessary.
Prior supervisory experience in commercial landscaping is preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate, present information, and respond to questions, verbal and
Mechanical aptitude is preferred.
Adequate computer and information technology skills.
Current driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Ability to work independently and in team settings.
Strong attention to detail and ability to exercise sound judgment.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Key Performance Indicators: