https://upscalelawncare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/87723396_2699903966784778_4348038853961973760_n.jpg 540 960 Les https://upscalelawncare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/LOGO-HEADER-346REV-300x133.png Les2020-03-16 11:35:002020-03-30 10:11:57What is Pre-Emergent Weed Control and Why Do You Need It in Cincinnati?
Pre-emergent weed control is a preferred method in Cincinnati to reduce weed growth in landscaping and mulch beds.
As in our previous article, regular landscape maintenance is important to keep your yard in tip top shape. Especially when it comes to weeds. A Pre-emergent treatment from Upscale Lawncare will help dramatically reduce weeds in your landscaping areas. Here’s a few important items regarding pre-emergent treatments.
- Pre-emergent applications must happen early in the season. It will NOT be effective after the weed has sprouted.
- Pre-emergent does require multiple applications per year
- Some weed seeds are lying in your soil waiting to sprout. Pre-emergents help kill the weed off during the actual sprouting in the top layer of soil.
- Application can be complicated and this is a chemical. Please leave it to the pros.
- It is recommended to apply during early spring.
This is one of the most effective ways to eliminate or reduce troublesome weeds. Best time to hire Upscale to apply pre-emergent to your yard is March through April. If you have questions about this process please contact us here.
Learn More about our next topic about the importance of edging beds here.