There are many options for outdoor living spaces. Fire features not only add the cool factor, but serve a purpose as well.
Spending time in your outdoor living space can be enjoyed with the addition of a fire pit or fireplace to enjoy throughout the year. There are many choices available and can be custom designed to suit your preferences. Either way it will be an asset that your family and friends will enjoy for many years.
Some building codes in different cities may impact the design or construction. So it’s a good idea to double check what your options are before moving to far along. We’re familiar with most of Greater Cincinnati’s do’s and don’t so you’re in good hands.
Here are some options for fuel source:
- Wood burning. Obviously the coolest option because it’s just like having a campfire in your backyard. However, cleaning is more intensive and some of those building codes apply more stringently to wood fire pits.
- Propane. Propane firepits can look pretty fancy with addition of cool glass, and lava rocks. It’s also more controlled and there’s less cleaning. As with any fuel source there is a cost to refilling propane.
- Gel fueled logs. You may not have heard of this option before, but the gel is actually inside the log. It looks authentic and can be set up in virtually any design.
- Natural Gas. Chances are your home is already supplied with natural gas. So running a LP line or special infrastructure isn’t necessary.
Every property, location, and municipality is different. So we’ll work together to ensure we choose the most functional and economical option for your outdoor living space.
Cincinnati often experiences heavy rains in the Springtime. Proper drainage of your lot will help reduce or eliminate flooding.
Almost every year in March snow and ice finally subside and the Ohio River typically sees some amount of flooding. The spring time can be a particularly wet season. This can spell trouble for homes and businesses around the Tri-state that do not have the proper grading around your home or business.
At Upscale Lawn Care we take special care on new properties to properly grade away from foundations. We typically use a 90 degree angle with 6-10 inches of grade about ten feet away from the home. That’s the industry standard.
Several drainage options are available if the proper grading can’t be met, or in certain circumstances. Drainage pipe, window well drains, and trench drains may be used to help move water away from the property. Downspouts are important to maintain as well. But we prefer to choose proper landscape grading as the first option.
If you experience basement flooding, standing water in your yard, or other grading and drainage issues please get in touch.
We all look forward to the spring and summer months after often long winter months in Cincinnati.
At Upscale Lawn Care we often use the term “The Upscale Look.” That’s our tagline! For many years we’ve designed outdoor living spaces in Cincinnati that have been featured in some of the regions most beautiful homes and subdivisions. From Home-a-rama style homes and new construction to any of Cincinnati’s most interesting and historic neighborhoods. Homeowners across the tri-state depend on the pro’s at Upscale Lawn Care to deliver premium outdoor living spaces that last a lifetime.
Hosting outdoor parties and gatherings is a great way to unwind after a long week at the office or after a long road trip. Your backyard can be a get-a-way space with amazing outdoor lighting, custom patios, landscaping, unique features that increase the value of your home while making your neighbors, well, envious.
Installing water features, fire pits, and outdoor grills can give your outdoor space not only the Upscale Look, but a serious WOW factor.
Have some amazing ideas? Let’s talk. Get in touch with one of our landscape designers today and give your property that Upscale Look!
“Upscale Lawncare has provided top notch service for over 5 years. Chris is available to discuss new ideas for our yard and follows through with his promises. I highly recommend Upscale Lawncare and look forward to many more years of service from them.”
Top Five Reasons to Hire a Professional Landscape Company in Cincinnati.
Learn more about some of the top reasons one should hire a landscape company in Cincinnati like Upscale Lawn Care.
Your home or business is often the focal point of your life. As homeowners it’s most likely the most significant investment you’ll make in your lifetime. And, likewise for business owners or commercial properties maintaining the look of your business has an important role making sure you stand out. Let’s explore a few of the top reasons why it’s important to hire the pros.
- Properly licensed, insured, and certified to perform the work. You do not want a fly by night crew responsible for your investment. If someone was to be hurt or your property is damaged you need the protection.
- Industry knowledge and training is crucial. Designing landscapes, building outdoor environments, and lawn care maintenance require an experienced knowledgeable team of professionals that execute without error.
- Background checked and properly vetted employees. Don’t hire a crew of subs. You won’t see the level of care and service you’d expect from a crew with employees.
- Highly rated. Don’t take someone’s word for it. Do your research. Look for firms with experience in the particular area you’re searching for.
- Don’t shop by price alone. There’s no shortage of people or companies that are willing to compromise price over quality. Hire the best. Your neighbors, employees, and customers will thank you.
We hope this article has been helpful. Remember it’s not always about price. Do your research. If you’d like to learn about the services we provide and the types of clients we serve please contact us here.
We look forward to serving you soon.
“I’ve had the pleasure of working with Chris Gum and his team at Upscale on two different sides of the spectrum; One as a project manager, and more recently now as an owner of my own company.
I was a project manager for a large local asphalt company and we used Upscale for snow removal and salting our customers parking lots. Chris was always the first to respond with urgency to get all the customers done orderly, timely, and most of all safely!
More recently we installed a floor coating in their showroom /office. Their willingness to assist us in any way possible to make our process go as smooth as it could is why working with his company as a contractor and also a customer becomes my first choice for any commercial and residential Landscaping and Snow removal needs!!
Truly an “Upscale” company!”
Michael Fiorini –
Owner / Firm Foundation Floor Coatings
Keep your Commercial Building Looking Upscale with Landscape Lighting.
Commercial landscape lighting in Cincinnati has several benefits.
During the day your property probably looks awesome. Fresh cut grass, signage, well maintained trees and shrubs, and possibly some cool water features. But, what does it look like at night?
Properly lighting your commercial building has several benefits:
- Increased visibility and exposure
- Safety for walkways and sidewalks
- Lighting for logos and signage
- Lighting for trees, shrubs, and mulch beds
- Light adds to security of premise
Just like in any other form of advertising, it’s about leaving an impression. People will remember your building when it looks lit by Upscale at night! Make sure your commercial building looks just as Upscale at night as it does during the day. If you’d like to speak to a landscape lighting design specialist contact us here.